22 Oct Manchester to Faro on a Hawker 400XP
Falcona organised a private jet charter flight from Manchester to Faro, Portugal on a Hawker 400XP for a family of four people .
On arrival at the airport our passengers were escorted to the lounge and their bags taken to the aircraft. After a few minutes and having their documents checked, and they boarded the aircraft.
It was a busy morning at Manchester Airport with lots of aircraft on the ramp. There were no slot delays or weather issues today. It went smoothly.
Aircraft: Hawker 400XP
Tail: SP-*** (2006 refurb 2017)
Distance: 1009 nm
Departure Time: 09:45 loc.
Flight Time: 2:46
Arrival Time: 11:16 loc
Departure Time: 12:00 local
Flight Time: 2:46
Arrival Time: 14:46 loc
Handling Agent: Signature Flight Support
Handling Agent: Omni Aviation
VIP Catering suitable to the time of day.
Entering mainland Portugal
Before you travel to mainland Portugal
If you have an NHS COVID Pass or an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate showing you have been fully vaccinated with an EU approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before you travel, or an EU COVID recovery certificate showing you have recovered from COVID-19 no less than 11 days and no more than 180 days of when you are due to travel:
- You do not need to have a COVID-19 test to enter Portugal, however some airlines have not yet updated their requirements. Check with your airline before you travel
- Be prepared to show a digital or paper copy of your COVID vaccination or recovery certificate when you check-in for your flight, and
- Complete an online passenger locator card
If you do not have an NHS COVID Pass or an EU digital COVID certificate, you must:
- take a COVID-19 pre-departure test before you travel (children under the age of 12, i.e. up to and including 11, are exempt)
- this can be an antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure, or a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure. If you have an antigen test, make sure it meets the standards set out in the EU common list of Rapid Antigen Tests
- check your test result identifies the type of test taken and gives your name, date of birth, the date and time the sample was collected and the date of the result
- you should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test
- complete an online passenger locator card
Portugal may accept other countries’ COVID vaccination certificates for the purpose of entry. Check with your airline or the Portuguese Consulate in your country of origin for more information before you travel.
RETURN TO THE UK
You must complete a passenger locator form online before you arrive in the UK. You must complete the form even if you are only transiting through the UK.
You can submit the form any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK. It’s free to submit the form.
You’ll need to show your form when you check in to travel or board your plane, train or ferry to the UK.
You can also use this service to:
- set up an account to save your details if you travel frequently
- sign in to your account to edit and submit an unfinished form
- prove your vaccination status, if you’ve been fully vaccinated in the UK
Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing and quarantine rules
Before you complete the passenger locator form you’ll need to book any tests you need to take after you arrive in the UK.
You might also need to provide a negative COVID-19 test before you travel to the UK. It depends on whether you’re fully vaccinated and where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive.
Read an overview of all the rules if you’re travelling to England from abroad.
If you’re travelling to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland
Check the testing and quarantine rules if you’re:
A small business jet for up to 7 passengers. Typical layouts for the Hawker 400XP are for an eight-seat configuration with private lavatory compartment and refreshment facilities.
Cabin length is 4.72m with a width of 1.50m and a height of 1.45m. There is a 0.57m³ capacity for baggage. The Honeywell Ovation C series cabin entertainment system, with the XM Satellite Radio service and Teledyne AvVisor cabin information system, is available as an option.
“Everything was fine thank you”
Please note: Prices shown are estimated prices for charter of whole aircraft – alternative routes, aircraft and airports are also available upon request.